These are the statistics (and my opinions) of the year to date
sales of single family residential homes in Big Bear area.
- Units sold 2014 vs 2013 <23%> (indicates sellers reaching on list price using active listings as comps, and pent up demand from sellers that have been waiting for prices to come up.)
- Average price per square foot sold 2014 vs 2013 +13.7% (indicates market value increase)
- Average price sold +8.49% ( indicates buyer’s are buying higher priced homes)
- Price differential still remains at 97% on average. (doesn’t mean ever home is priced correctly, but does mean they don’t sell until they are priced correctly.)
- Homes sold within 45 days of listing have the highest price per square foot, an average of only 14 days on the market, and 98% sales price to list price. (sellers only have one chance to make a good first impression, and there is no shortage of buyers for homes that are priced based on sold comps.)
If you would like to discuss Big Bear Real Estate market conditions, please give me a call.